Friday 18 June 2021

Rokeby Hills 2021

 

Despite the wild weather forecast we set off in perfect hiking weather which only improved as the day progressed. Bob is our leader.

Ron has supplied commentary and photos of the walk. Jack supplied some photos but I had to drop out early. I did get a good 6km walk in by myself.

 

Ready for the off

It's overcast but perfect walking weather


Mt. Wellington/kunanyi

Doer upper. I bet the neighbours are pleased

Looking over the River Derwent

Heading up away from the river. Heading for the hills

I left the group here and continued on

 

Ron has supplied the following notes about the hilly part of the walk and also photos.


Morning Tea

Bob's no uphill tracks

Erosion Stoppers??

View of Hobart

Panorama of our lunch spot

New potential subdivision on boundary of reserve

While the others went up hill, I continued on, coming to a spot I recognise from last we were here.





I remember stopping here last time

Mt. Wellington/kunanyi and River Derwent


Overall 9 walkers covered 9.3kms in 3hrs 21min

 

 





No comments:

Post a Comment