Saturday 25 May 2019

Geilston Bay-Pilchers Hill 2019

I wasn't able to be on the walk this week, but Wayne supplied the beautiful photos of the day you'll see below.

Getting ready

Gate
Track entry
Happy Hikers

Track Improvment


I haven't identified this fungus yet. I've got the book and chart, so when I do I'll enter the name.

I see I took a photo of the exact same type of fungus back in 2015.

Quite colourful fungus

Morning Tea


Downhill

Wayne labelled the above photo 'Downhill'. If, indeed, Bob is actually going downhill, I'm really sorry I wasn't there to witness it!

NBN Cable

For our overseas friends, NBN stands for National Broadband Network. This is the Australian Government's plan to extend the Internet to all Australians. Starting out as fibre to the premises, replacing the old copper wire phone network, but after passing through many political hands, became a hodpodge of wired, wireless, satillite, fibre and, as shown here, a bit of wire in a washedout ditch.

If you plan to visit Australia, bring pencil, paper, envelopes and stamps if you want to tell your friends about your journey.

Weed
Looks like a weed to me, but I'd be the last one to ask.

Quarry
The hill in the background is disappearing fast.

Pilchers Hill
Reservoir
Their hands look clean so I can assume no graffiti was painted by this group.

Some more interesting fungi
The turnaround tree. One of Bob's smaller loops
Rock
I'll go along with that description.

Bridge
Wayne said there were 11 walkers and they covered 8.4km in 2:20hrs. Looks like the weather was good also.

Many thanks to Bob for taking the leadership on and Wayne for suppling the photos.

This walk wad first done in 2015 and if anyone wants the GPX track, you can find the link in the blog entry of that time. Just CLICK HERE
to travel back in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment